Floyd Mayweather Says Rematch Talks Are Not True

By Mark ElezajPhoto by Getty — John Gurzinski

This past Sunday, boxing fans were talking about a video that was circulating on social media. The video shows undefeated champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather saying that he was on his way to Saudi Arabia to talk about a potential rematch with Manny Pacquiao.

Many, The Fighting Voice included, assumed that the video was new and posted reports that the Mayweather-Pacquiao rematch was a possibility.

“It’s an honor to come to Saudi Arabia to sit down with you guys to talk about the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao rematch,

“Saudi Arabia. Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather. I’m on my way.”

Guess we spoke to soon!

Mayweather Jr. has since come forward, speaking with Fighthub to set the record straight, saying that the footage that has been circulating was actually an old video, and that he has no plans on fighting the Pacquiao ever again.

“The video that y’all been seeing is false because I went to Saudi Arabia a long time ago.

“I talked to them about me fighting there, just different fights, but they wanted me to specifically say Manny Pacquiao. Basically, that’s an old video. At the end of the day, there’s no talks about me and Manny Pacquiao fighting a rematch.

“As far as me and Manny Pacquiao, as of right now, it will never be a rematch.”

This was not the first time there has been talk of a rematch between both stars.

Last year, Mayweather said that he was planning to set up a rematch with Pacquiao when both men met at an event in Tokyo.

Mayweather officially retired from boxing in 2017, after he beat UFC star Conor McGregor in a boxing match. Pacquiao, however, continues to fight, most recently beating Keith Thurman in July.

~ The Fighting Voice ~

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: